Sunday 15 February 2009

Day 3 of Rehabilitation

I woke up at about 5:30 but slept really well. Sleeping on my back has done nothing to appease my snoring apparently! Even Jasmine could hear me and our rooms aren’t even connected! Again, with the knee feeling good, I ploughed through the exercises and iced the knee immediately afterwards to keep the swelling down. One thing that I noticed last night was that my heart started racing for no apparent reason and occasionally I felt a little breathless. This has been more noticeable today and despite not being painful, it has concerned me enough to phone the hospital. They said it may be a side-effect of the pain or medication and if it continues, I should go to my GP tomorrow and he may give me an ECG. I layed off the painkillers and the problem seems to have disappeared.

I am feeling quite restless and bored. Thankfully, I had a few visitors today. It’s like waiting for a bus, I even had to turn away some friends today as I already had my mum and dad, and sister-in-law’s family round.

At around 5pm the knee started to become more painful. I decided to take the medication again, but it remained sore for the rest of the evening. Fortunately, there has been no repeat of the racing heart but I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on that symptom. I decided upon another early night. My knee hurts and I’m in a bad mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment